Club Championships 2020-2021
5.45pm Sat 29 May and Sun 30 May 2021
Club Championships is the Monbulk Marlins’ Annual swimming carnival, run over a weekend in May to celebrate the end of the competition season.
Club Championships is open to all swimmers in the club, as well as novice/sibling swimmers, and everyone is encouraged to attend. The championship runs over two evening sessions on Saturday and Sunday and you may elect to attend one or both nights (however the event program is not finalised until entries have been received).
Pizza dinner will be provided on Sunday night at the end of the competition.
Entries must be made via Trybooking by 7th May 2021. No late entries can be accepted.
The entry fee for club swimmers is $12 regardless of number of events/days. Siblings and spectators require a ‘free ticket’. When you book your tickets you will be required to complete information relating to EACH ticket holder for event and catering purposes. Thank you. (You do not need to show your tickets when you arrive.)Enter Here
- Club swimmers compete in all age events (50m and 100m of all strokes including IM) and can enter optional trophy events.
- Siblings can compete in 25m events of backstroke, freestyle, butterfly and breaststroke
- Swimmers placing 1, 2, or 3 in age group events will receive a ribbon on the night of competing.
Swimmers who have attended 60% or more of aggregates since joining are eligible for Aggregate trophies. Trophies and medals are awarded at the Club Presentation night which is held in August. Swimmers also receive additional points for each trophy event they swim.
The Championship trophy events are split into three types:
Non-handicap events: these trophies are awarded to the fastest male and female swimmers.
- Patricia Lane 100m Back male and female trophies
- Fin Boyle 200m IM male and female trophies
State time handicap events: these trophies are awarded to the swimmers who come closest to or faster than their age group’s state time. They are mixed events (only one trophy).
- Watson mixed 100m Fly handicap trophy
- Bill Smit mixed 100m Breast handicap trophy
Handicap event: this trophy is awarded to the swimmer who comes closest to or faster than their best time for the event. Swimmers getting a time 10sec or faster than their best time are disqualified.
- Shire of Yarra Ranges 400m Free handicap trophy
* Swimmers must have a current 400 m time to enter this race. Swimmers who have swam the 400m event at the aggregate by 7 May will have qualified for this event.